Neotherm- cooling blanket for neonates
Neotherm utilises an innovative servo controlled design with instant feedback, monitoring the infant’s temperature every 2 seconds and making minute changes to the cooling fluid to ensure that the infant’s temperature remains stable.
It is a closed-loop control system consists of a mattress that is wrapped around baby’s trunk and legs. The device is fully automated and required no further input after initiation. The baby temp is cooled from 0`C to 33.5 `C within 25 min. This temperature is maintained for 72 hours and a fully automated re-warming process 0 starts. The re-warming process occurs to 37` C at 00.2 to 0.5 C/hour.
A rectal probe is inserted into the patient upto 5 cm approx and the temperature is fed back to the Neotherm in using a thermoelectric cooling module. The temperature of the cooling ﬂuid is controlled by varying the amount and direction of electrical current. This increases and decreases the ﬂuid temperature by small amounts. The ﬂuid is then passed around the ﬂuid infant using a mattress or a warp and returned to the Neotherm. The thermal properties of the ﬂuid make it extremely eﬃcient at heat transfer and the Neotherm uses surprisingly little energy to maintain a constant temperature.
- It induces cooling rapidly to the desired core temperature.
- It maintains the core temperature tightly within the target range.
- It does not interfere with access to the baby.
- 3 modes of operation for maximum flexibility in use.
- Clinician can set and adjust parameters at the start and throughout treatment.
- Data storage for allowing simple analysis of temperature profiles.
- Large colour screen is easy to see across the room.
- Small / Lightweight portable device.
- Internal battery restarts from same settings in event of power failure.
- Smooth, linear rewarming.
- Compatible with reusable or disposable accessories.
- Optional use of skin probes.
- Maintains normothermia after rewarming.
Get the Catalog here