It is a rotomoulded plastics structure that serves as a framework for placing all the other components of Mira Cradle. Neonate Cooler MiraCradle® is an affordable passive cooling device that uses the advanced savE® phase change material (PCM) technology to induce therapeutic hypothermia among newborns suffering from birth asphyxia. It has been developed by Pluss® in collaboration with CMC Vellore. It is easy to use, safe, lightweight, portable, and gives the precise temperature control of 33-34ï¿½C for a period of 72 hours with minimal manual supervision and no requirement of constant electricity supply.
Components of Mira-cradle::
- Insulated Cradle: It is a rotomolded plastic structure that serves as a framework for placing all the other components of
- MiraCradle®– Neonate Cooler and also provides insulation to the PCM helping it last for longer hours.
- savE® FS-21: This forms the bottom layer of the MiraCradle®-Neonate cooler. Three units of savE®FS-29 PCM are placed at the bottom of the Cradle. savEï¿½FS-29 in solid-state passively extracts heat from the neonateï¿½s body which is at 37ï¿½C thereby inducing and sustaining hypothermia.
- savE® FS-29: This is the middle layer of the device.savE®FS-21 is used in conjunction with savE®FS – 29 to quickly bring the temperature of the neonate down to 33ï¿½C. It is subsequently removed and savEï¿½FS ï¿½ 29 takes over to sustain the temperature for longer hours.
- Conduction Mattress: Conduction mattress is a gel bed which provides a smooth surface for the baby to lie on and improves heat transfer between the baby and the PCM