A system to support audiology
The human ear is a sensory organ. So, it enables us to hear the world around us and helps us understand that information and make sense of it. Thus, ears are essential to our quality of life.
They help us stay in touch with the world around us and provide a means for communication. Above all, the human ear does this by breaking sounds down into their component frequencies (pitch), amplitudes (loudness). And locations in three-dimensional space using cues from the head, torso and outer ears.
What does audiology mean?
Audiology is defined as the branch of medicine that deals with hearing and also balance disorders. In other words, audiologists work with people who have trouble hearing or maintaining balance when they stand up.
However, audiology is a very broad field that encompasses many different specialty areas. Whether you are an audiologist, a hearing aid technician, or someone who works with deaf individuals at your job, it pays to understand just what it is you do.
In other words, it is the study of hearing, balance, and related disorders. Therefore, an audiologist is not a medical doctor. But, a professional trained to diagnose and treat auditory problems or concerns.
What is Audiometry?
Audiometry is the measurement of the hearing. Audiometric testing is performed to determine if a person has a hearing loss, verify the severity of a hearing loss, or identify the cause. An audiogram shows which frequencies (or pitches) have been heard by your ears and how well you hear them.
Audiometry is typically a test done by an audiologist to evaluate your hearing condition. And these tests help determine if a person is experiencing difficulty hearing specific frequencies and volumes. Audiometry can also be used as a tool for diagnosing certain conditions and monitoring the effects of treatment on those conditions.
What are Audiometers used for?
Audiometer devices are used to test a person’s hearing ability. So, they are also known as audiometers, and they usually consist of small earphones and a microphone.
The device also measures sound pressure that the person can hear at different frequencies. Thus, audiometry is a common test for those people who work in the military, aviation or construction jobs.
They work by emitting a sound at various frequencies and measuring how well the subject can detect that frequency. So, audiometers are commonly used in doctor’s offices, clinics, hospitals, schools, and private practices
What is Epic plus Pro?
EPIC Plus Pro’s design uses the newest digital technology most importantly to ensure that noise from the outside world has the least impact on its recording.
This audiometer looks like a small capsule unit that performs all processing. Moreover, it solely digitized data transfer to the main unit, making it less vulnerable to outside noises and interruptions.
- Firstly, user interface that is easy to use and customizable.
- In addition, user-defined protocols.
- Also, a chart of the latencies frequency for sleeping and away circumstances was kept in case of a power outage to save the test.
- And ABR, VEMP, LLR, and other markers for easy peak identification
- Moreover, a statistical data collection with powerful and comprehensive sorting options, including age, time, date and testing stages.
- The Rechargeable Battery Operations improves patient safety and it also ensures that data is not lost in the case of a power outage.
- Also, request a license key to upgrade your unit to one of our additional tests features.
- Also, able to examine both or even one ear simultaneously.
- In addition, with a single click, revert settings and test procedures to their default settings.
- E-ABR: connect to a variety of market-ready implementations
- Waveform analysis from left to left, right to left, left to right, and right to right.
- Therefore, in the alternating stimulus procedures, collect and observe shifting stimulus polarity.
- Program swapping of ABR electrodes from one ear to another allows a person to perform more effectively in a single cable function without switching the electrodes.
- With the option of add and subtract the tool, you may swiftly integrate into phrase and cross-connection recordings of two waves.
- You can also store and evaluate independent condensation and refraction responses in the alternate stimulus quality acquisition mode.
- There are numerous possibilities selected from a diverse set of stimuli.
- Lastly, the ability to run weighted algorithms as well as the ability to connect additional stimulators
- Firstly, ASSR- multi ASSR
- P300, 40 Hz
- BC — ABR
- Free—field ABR
- ABR, MLR, LLR
- ECochG, VEMP
- Lastly, E-ABR
- The Graphics card should be 1 GB or higher
- The processor should also be Intel I3 or higher
- After that, windows 10 original with antivirus license
- HDD should be 500 GB
- RAM has to be 4GB
- Lastly, a monitor that is 14 inches or more
Accessories & Components
- Pre Amplifier cable
- Snap-on electrode cable — 1 set
- ABR main console
- And carrying case
- ER 3C insert earphone
- Ground cable
- Ag/AgCI surface electrode kit — 1 set
- Also, Battery charging adaptor
- ABR 2 channel digital box (preamplifier)
- Disposable snap-on electrode pads 1 set
- USB cable with software CD
- In addition, an abrasive paste and conductive paste 1 no. each
Upgradeable Examinations (Optional)
- Firstly, VEMP: Vestibular Evoked Myogenic Potentials
- Secondly, ECochG System: Electro-Cochleography test
- Lastly, ASSR: Multi- ASSR