What is Bilismart+ LED Phototherapy?
Bilismart LED phototherapy is a non-invasive technique devised to treat neonatal jaundice. Therefore it eliminates the levels of bilirubin in the infant’s blood using photo-oxidation.
What are Phototherapy Treatments?
Phototherapy treatments change the trans-bilirubin of blood into a water-soluble cis-bilirubin isomer. In conclusion, results in decreased bilirubin levels.
Use of Blue Light in Bilismart+ LED Phototherapy
Blue light proves to be the most efficient means of administering phototherapy.
Treatment of Ailments Using Phototherapy
Phototherapy is used for the treatment of hyperbilirubinemia in hemolytic and non-hemolytic settings. It also counteracts jaundice symptoms and is an important tool in neonatology.
Alternative Means of Administering Phototherapy
Other measures to install phototherapy include:
- usage of halogen lamps
- Also sunlight
It is inadvisable to expose the infant to these sources for a prolonged time and this is due to the risk of hyperpyrexia and skin burns.
- 12 High-Intensity Blue Led lamps with an intensity of 40uw/cm2/nm (light unit: L53cm X W30cm X D5cm)
- 3 white LED observational lights
- An LED lifetime of 45000 hours
- The peak wavelength of the device lies in the range of 450-465nm
- Maximum power consumption of 40W (100-240 VAC/50-60HZ)
- Tilting head (0-900) and 3 castors (2 lockable)
- Also high and low-intensity modes
Effectiveness of Bilismart LED Phototherapy Against BIND
Phototherapy should be initiated immediately upon indications of bilirubin reaching levels. Therefore High bilirubin causes bilirubin-induced brain damage (BIND). However in such cases, direct Phototherapy from a distance of 35cm facilitated with a therapy timer.
Course of Action
Initiation of detoxification is immediate. Bilirubin levels fall upon the production of its configurational and also structural photo-isomers. Thus this eradicates the risk of bilirubin toxicity.
Salient Features Of Bilismart LED Phototherapy
- The use of B.L.P could reduce the need for blood transfusion.
- It is convenient, in addition of inexpensive, and compact (H=165cm, W=69cm, H=64cm Weight=27kg)
- Also ideal device to use in small hospitals and nursing homes.
There are no reviews yet.